Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cookies

As the holidays creep closer and closer my desire to bake cookies skyrockets. Why is that? I LOVE baking cookies. It is one of the reasons that Christmas is my most favorite time of year. I love gadgets that make my cookie making easier and the best place to get those gadgets is Williams-Sonoma (no this isn't because I work there. I work there because they have the best things). It feels weird writing about WS when I work there but I have the inside track on what they have and I know it can be overwhelming in the store. So here's a guided to all the things cookie that I would get.

This kitchen torch is not a must have but Christmas is about wishing and I wish I had one of these.



I have 4 or 5 of these spatulas or spoonulas. They are great because you can use them to stir things that are really hot or just for stiring regularly.



I like my cookie pans to have sides and gold tone are the greatest. They are non-stick but you don't need to lower the temp of the oven like you do with regular non-stick pans.




Silpat is amazing. You can cook (or burn) just about anything onto them and it come right off. We tend to dump things like sugar, bbq sause, ketchup and others onto them and throw them in the oven to demo how easy they are to clean. I don't have one yet but I plan on getting one



WS always has beautiful cookie cutters. Usually they have large ones and sometimes for holidays they even get copper ones. We always have this kind for each holiday. They take the pain out of cutting out cookies. All you do is roll out the dough, cut it with the cutter and place the cutter on the tray then press down and the dough comes out with the design it it. Genius.



These bowls are the best. They have a handle, a pour spout and a rubber foot on the bottom so they don't slip. Oh and they stack so they are easy to store. I have them in white.

I could go on for ages. I do love the products made by WS and I feel that when it comes to kitchen tools buy the best from the best because you are making an investment and you want it to last and WS has great customer services. It may cost more up front but in the long run you wont' have to buy it again in 2 years.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I agree that Silpat mats are the best, but now I'm thinking I need to get a gold tone cookie pan to try out. Wish I had a WS closer to home! :)