Monday, May 5, 2008

Warm

The warmer it gets the more I want to be outside. Strange how that gets. I want to cook outside, take long walks and just enjoy the flowers and all the green. Yesterday I even volunteered to wash the car just to be outside. Sadly, it was covered in pollen again a half hour after I washed it. Oh well just another excuse to be outside.

We had dinner club last night and said good-bye to Jeremy (he moves to Alaska tomorrow!!). I completely forgot to take pictures of the food but here is the menu and you'll have to imagine what it looked like.
Spinach Salad with Bacon and brown-sugar walnuts
Crusty Bread
Filet of Beef Bourguignon
Mixed Berry Trifle with a Champagne Toast

Then we hit to movies and saw Iron Man. I liked it...minus the people who brought their 2 year old and the guys in front of us who laughed, loudly at everything...and I mean EVERYTHING. If you want a good action flick with some funny moments thrown in this is a good one. All 6 of us liked it which is borderline amazing.

I am working on your request Hollis and hope to have some ideas later this week.

I'll leave you with a quote I found that I really think is true.

"Many women look for a bargain in something they wear a lot- be it a skirt for work or a pair of jeans- and then go off and spend the equivalent of the GNP of a small Sounth American country on a ball gown to be worn only once. Better to look great everyday, in expensive jeans or expensive work suits. And let's face it, you can't tell whether cocktail dresses are cheap because who drinks cocktails with the lights up?"

Have a great Monday.

1 comment:

Briana Almengor said...

Love the quote.
Great chatting today! :)