Monday, April 7, 2008

Gardening

We spent a few hours on Saturday and Sunday gardening. When you've completely neglected your garden for over a year the amount of work can be overwhelming. Thankfully our good friends chipped in and had a landscaper come and start the clearing, mulching and planting for us. We would never have gotten it all done if not for them.

Even with all the help there is still way too much to do. I bought myself some gardening gloves and that is really what this post is about. I bought them from the dollar bin at Target. Let's just say I got what I paid for. They are ready for the trash after just two days of use. Oh well. Next time I'll slurge on something like this



or something like this



I think I'm leaning towards the second one because they come up so high and because they look so great. Nothing like looking good while rolling in the mud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the best pair once, from smith and hawken. they were high quality, so they lasted, but thin enough you could feel what you are doing. i usually end up with them off anyway....why my nails look so terrible. mom