Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend 1

Most of you know that I love coordinate events. I really, really like coordinate weddings. This weekend I got to do just that. I found out on Tuesday that I was going to be doing much more for the wedding than orginally planned. Although a bit overwhelming at first it turned out great. I love everything that goes into it. This post will be in 2 parts. Today I will post what the beginning of the weekend looked like and then tomorrow I will post the "results". We cooked for 80 (not all the food since it was such short notice), decorated the tables, set up the chocolate fountain, cut the cake, washed the dishes, took the tables down and left the room empty. It was a busy, long, great day. Thanks J & R for letting me be a part of it and thanks to my J and S. You know you are the best and we make a great team.

The bride and I went to market and Costco and got all the produce and food. Here is the produce before hand. Notice the 15 avacodos for a huge vat of quaccamole.

I did all the flowers the day before. Here are a bunch of pictures of them all in one container before the arranging began.

The bride LOVES pink so we made sure to get lots of pink roses and gerber daisies.

Blue was one of the colors and these flowers were just perfect.

The bride also LOVES snap dragons. We found this bunch in her favorite color so of course we had to get them.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of all the flower arrangements. I don't have pictures from the actual reception but I will get some from the bride at some point. Here is the menu....

Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Turkey & Swiss Wraps
Veggie Wraps
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Guaccamole
Hummas
Pita and Tortilla chips
Forbidden rice
Chocolate fountain with pretzels, strawberries, melon, pineapple, pound cake,and marshmellows
Wedding Cake


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, That is awesome! You are truly one of the neatest, craftiest person out there. I can not wait to see more.

Love ya!
Heather

Anonymous said...

she was so lucky to get you...shoulda had you from the get go! the flowers are so beautiful...even in plastic containers. martha watch out! mom

Anonymous said...

Wow that is pretty amazing! But you are the right girl for the job.
Here is another request. I just got a new camera and didn't want to buy one of the ugly camera bags. I am thinking there has got to be more out there....?
Erin

momofcolin_chloe said...

ummm...can we say YUMMMM!

tines said...

whoa girl! you *were* the wedding! how did you do all of that!? i would have been so stressed. you're so gifted w/ that stuff. sounds like you did an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

wow, that menu is amazing!!!! the flower arrangements are beautiful! I just found your blog after all of this time reading Livi's. Yay, I had no idea you were really "around".

Beth (Bri's friend)