Sunday, January 4, 2009

Living a better life

I am not one for resolutions. I always feel so guilty when I break my resolution by the end of January. Instead I like to think of ways to live a better life. These are things that will hopefully make 2009 a better year than the last.
1. Grow my one veggies






No, it won't look like this and yes, it may be a huge disaster but I want to give it a shot. I did my own herbs last year and they grew really well. I want to try just a few veggies this year and see how I like it.





2. Do more craft shows. I had such a good time at the first one and I would love to do more. Next time I also want to be much more organized.




3. Finish projects that have been sitting around. I found 2 scarves that I started to knit 2 years ago and never finished. I finished them and gave them as Christmas presents and it felt great. I just found another half scarf and can't wait to get it done so I can wear it myself. I'll take photos when I do.




4. Throw more parties. Good food, good friends what could be better?
I love throwing parties but it is easy to get out of the habit. We threw dinner parties once a week for a while and I want to start doing that again. I love cooking for people and trying new recipes.



5. Romance my husband because he is lovely and deserves it.


6. Go places I've never been...even if it is just down the road
7. Take better care of me. Whether that means eating better, working out more, getting massages, taking long walks with the hubby and the dog or just drinking water I want to make sure that this year I take better care of myself. In turn I will feel better and be a better friend, wife, daughter and hopefully mother again someday.

No comments: